FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Samsung S8 -- Who's in?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:22 pm
KRSW

6 reasons I'm *NOT* buying it:
  1. USB-C -- DO NOT WANT! It took me long enough to get almost everything I travel with to be USB-A or MicroUSB. Besides that, there's been plenty of trouble getting functional USB-C cables and even Anker has had trouble making USB-C power supplies/chargers.
  2. Sealed battery -- Last week the battery in my Motorola Razr Maxx HD swelled so bad that the case snapped open while I was sleeping and woke me up. I just replaced the battery in my Note 4 last week as well. I will NEVER buy a phone which uses a sealed battery.
  3. No IR sender. I use this feature A LOT, especially with blaring TVs in public places or changing the AC so that it doesn't blow directly on me
  4. No physical home button. I'm old-school and try to touch-type as much as possible. The physical home button means I can do the basics on my phone without my glasses, which includes which end is up.
  5. No Stylus. The Note 4 is still my daily driver and if it broke today, I'd probably buy another Note 4.
  6. Fragile. I believe the new S8 has a glass back on it. At the very least it has glass edges. No thanks. One breakable surface is more than enough for me to worry about.

Last edited by KRSW; Mar 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm