FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:51 am
rumbataz

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Safiye2015
...lengthy dicussion with IHG Club Center. They claim you get the 25.000 Choice Benefit now only when you reach the 75 nights or 75.000 points during the current calender year. In 2016 this was different as most of the us who achieved Spire Elite Status when introduced in 2015 got another Choice Benefit on January 1st, 2016. IHG Club Center even claimed that I achieved 75.000 points when I redeemed the Choice Benefit on January 29th, 2016 but I only did so in April 2016. After that they claimed I did not achieve Spire Elite status in 2016 at all but as I keep track of all my points and nights by an Excel sheet I proved them wrong. However, they insist that the system has not changed ... but it did. Because now in stark contrast to 2016 you get the Choice Benefit only when you reach the Spire Elite Status during 2017 ... not as a loyalty gift for the previous year achievement.
That's been discussed in the main Spire thread. I guess IHG has 'enhanced' the Spire benefits and sneaked this new rule in, as a few people have had this issue.