FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:09 pm
764toHI

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I don't think this has anything to do with staffing levels and more to do with FAs unfamiliar with the 77W and/or maybe forgetting to let the ice cream warm up a bit.

Originally Posted by JK-SFO
Haven't been on PS in a few years. Just a few days ago, flew EWR to SFO in J, and the ice cream sundae was served as we were flying over western Iowa. I think it was 2 hours 45 minutes after take off by the time the meal service was completely done (and there wasn't turbulence that delayed service, in fact the seat belt sign was off at 23,000 feet).

Now - this was on the fantastic new 777-300 with the new Polaris seats, which had everyone captivated. I'm sure the crew was getting used to the galleys. All of us onboard were enthralled with the aircraft, by the way.

What I'm wondering is about the number of FAs staffing these flights. Are they crewed at FAA minimums? To make the service work, I really think there should be additional FAs above this. I believe this was the case a long time ago (like early 2000s) and the service was a lot quicker back then!

JK-SFO