FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: End of Feb la k miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2017)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:29 pm
apeortdz

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
You guys are having better luck than I am. I called on behalf of my wife who is <600 miles away. First the agent said that it is a calendar year thing. I explained that it was a program year thing and she then agreed. Then she said that she couldn't make the exception. But she suggested that my wife call (rather than me) and see what would happen. So that will be the next step.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Make sure you're calling 800-882-8880 rather than reservations or elite desk.

At the recording, say "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative" (if you listen to the whole thing, it asks you whether you want "a, b, c, d, or e . . . you can also say x, or Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative").

I just called on my wife's behalf and got 2. Was hoping for 4 because she had 11893 out of 12500. Might call back tomorrow to see about getting the other 2 but will wait until someone else reports positively that they were able to get 4.
Originally Posted by txpenny
Call in for wife (plat) who needed 2402 and asked for 3 of the 4. Granted.
Did I get a bad agent or what? You guys called in for your wife and were successful. I got nothing...yet.