FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:52 pm
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Spent another 2 nights there. This time, after the renovations are complete. They have done a lovely job with the remodel. The lobby is much more open and inviting now.

We were welcomed back by both the doorman & front desk. The surprise was the doorman said he recognized us - and it's been over 2 years since we'd been there.

The hotel was pretty full for the holiday weekend so we got the suite upgrade to the corner capital suite, which is pretty much nothing more than a much larger "L" shaped room with a very small dining table. The bed is separated from the sofa/seating area by a credenza with a TV on top. Not our idea of a suite, but it was a nice sized room. The surprise is that these corner suites have usable, though small, balconies. Given that the weather was incredibly nice for February, I enjoyed being able to go outside for a bit, though there is no room for a chair. I would say that 3-4 people could stand out there comfortably.

I was really looking forward to having a room with that great shower head, but either they were all taken out during the remodel, or only the larger suites have them. We had an ordinary bathroom with a tub/shower combination. A word of warning - the water pressure in the shower is horrible. Such a change from our past experience. They also still have those Le Labo rose scented amenties. I'm glad I remembered and brought my own because it gives my husband a headache I suppose if I had asked for something else they would have provided.

But all in all, it was a very nice stay. We had all our meals in the restaurant and they were all freshly prepared and good. After our first trip we thought it too far away from the Mall for our taste, but for this trip, it was nice to be in a quieter area. Plus, since the weather was so nice, we spend a half day at the National Zoo and the hotel is just about half way between the Mall & Zoo.

We would stay there again.

Last edited by Mary2e; Feb 27, 2017 at 8:21 am