FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodie Bags for neighboring pax?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:27 am
sogi

Originally Posted by Widgets
Babies are a reasonable, foreseeable thing that passengers should be prepared for.
This.

Was recently on a flight in the row ahead of a pair of tantruming kids. If you think babies are bad... turns out by ages 2 and 4 respectively, their volume and stamina increases quite a bit.

That said, after putting on ear plugs, then a noise cancelling headset outside of those ear plugs, turning on music so I can hear through the ear plugs at a reasonable volume - I couldn't hear the two of them at all. Only felt them through them kicking my neighbor's seat.

-----

Despite the fact I wasn't really inconvenienced, I was quite upset at this family. Because while the mother was managing the two kids behind our row, while the father was across the aisle in a row by himself doing absolutely nothing. And pretending his family didn't exist.

I'd like to re-iterate that crying babies are a fact of life. However, I think it's in the effort of the parents to distract and comfort the children, that makes the difference of opinion.

-----

Goodie bags, prepared distractions, active comforting are all signs of effort. That's the part that helps. Not the actual contents.