FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai dry days - Booze in BOM Lounge??
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:17 am
mikeijay

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Unhappy Mumbai dry days - Booze in BOM Lounge??

So I'm in India again and I was shocked to learn that due to the elections the whole state of Maharashtra is dry between 20th - 23rd. And when I mean dry, I mean Saudi dry!!

Every bar, restaurant, exec lounge, roadside shack, off-licence dry dry dry!

The JW Marriott exec lounge which is one of the best I have been too (free pour booze as if its tap water) is no exception. There was almost a riot when us lounge lizards found out!

The only exception so that there is not a mass riot is I can drink a bottle of £5 Indian plonk in my room like a naughty school boy for £50 (thats the cheapest - most are £80! I can have a bottle of Whiskey but I need to remortgage my house to afford that. No exceptions or discounts for Plat Elites either

For the last few days I have been rationing my welcome gift bottle with a thimble! Thank god I didn't go with the points!!!

Tomorrow (22nd) booze is back for a day (yippie!), but as the election results are out on the 23rd the ban is back (booo) but its the day I fly back to LHR.

Has anyone been through BOM over the last couple of days? Does the ban on all alcohol on that day extend to BOM Lounges too?

I am not an alcoholic or anything, its just I am very gluten and lactose intolerant so booze is all I have to look forward to during a 3 hour wait as India is bread & dairyville! If I dare eat... I'm not the only one that would suffer for 10 hours

Please someone tell me it isn't soo!!