FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:08 pm
scotchmeup

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Does anyone who's stayed at both have a recommendation? Locations are comparable, so I don't consider that a differentiator. I have both of them booked for Victoria Day weekend at almost exactly the same rate, so I'm just looking for a straight-up quality comparison.
Locations are actually quite different.
Depends on where you want to be located. The Delta is on the harbour so will have very nice water views and nice areas for walking, i find the rooms a bit nicer but sometimes smaller. Lounge has a patio overlooking the water at Delta so definitely a plus.

There isn't much around so if you want to go to the downtown, dinner etc you will have to walk or take a cab but really isnt that far across the blue bridge to a few nice places.

MArriott is a few blocks inland and only a few rooms will glimpse the water but a little closer to a few of the attractions.

excellent staff at both, but i prefer Delta for the views.