FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to put in a link to today's Business Traveller article on the new Lounge (somewhat behind the curve, I would suggest):

http://www.businesstraveller.com/air...k-club-lounge/

The link covers both lounges, but the photos are from the Club lounge. One detail I will extract here, since I don't think this has been covered elsewhere yet:

Originally Posted by Business Traveller
The new lounge includes both British design and art. The furniture is by UK manufacturers Boss, using Scottish leather by Andrew Muirhead and fabric by Osborne & Little. The lighting is by British lighting designers Tom Dixon, with Elstead Lighting creating bespoke copper ceiling pendants and table lamps.

It’s not all British, though. The bar stools and table lamps are by Philippe Starck, there is pendant lighting by Moooi (Dutch), Porcelanosa tiling from Spain and Italian Carrara marble. Art works are by Sir Terry Frost, Chris Ofili and John Hoyland.