FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Korea Trip
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:56 pm
jazzmyhne

Originally Posted by ksandness
Have you bought and read a guidebook yet?

All the ones I know about have a section on weather, as well as answering other basic questions about in-country transportation, passport and visa requirements, food, types of hotels available, sights in different cities, etc.

My favorite way to search for hotel accommodations is to go on Booking.com, which brings up a selection of hotels and hostels in all price ranges, complete with photos of the property and customer reviews. I've used it in six different countries and have been satisfied with the results.

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions on a guidebook? Something that I can download online would be great..

Originally Posted by Romelle
You could start with this:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

using the "calendar" search month by month

with your home airport (s) to ICN Seoul Incheon International, South Korea

and "length of trip" a short range like 8-10 days.

To some extent hotel rates have similar patterns to airfares. More so big international cities with lots of tourism. But you could do something similar with www.hotwire.com or other sites to search for the hotel patterns.

And then your local library probably has some travel guide books on Korea. I know the Lonely Planet series almost always has a few pages on weather and other travel date information as to good times to visit.
Nice! Thanks for the links.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 19, 2017 at 11:58 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.