FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Summer J sale: JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, LAX-TYO $1999
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:05 pm
MegatopLover

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Snagged this deal for myself and a colleague for a business trip to Tokyo in late summer.

Between this morning and this afternoon (US time), these Business Savers were getting snapped up. Flights we could have taken this morning were gone six hours later. Thankfully, we had a bit of flexibility and were still able to get the deal.

Note that the August 31 travel period is for the OUTBOUND segment only. You can get this deal by departing on or before August 31 and returning after August 31, as long as you're within the ticket validity period (which I think is thirty days from the outbound). We're flying back on September 5.

FWIW, when I was searching for flights, I put in TYO as the destination. I was given a choice between SQ 11/12 nonstops LAX-NRT and taking SQ to ICN then connecting to Haneda on Korean Air (oddly, not *Alliance partner Asiana). The fare via ICN was the same, so you basically get a longer TransPacific flight and a "freebie" between Korea and Tokyo. Flight times might be advantageous for some. But the 2:00 am HND-ICN flight looked pretty rough.

Incidentally, this will be my first time back on SQ longhaul in a very long time, since January 2011. Megatops are long gone. But really happy to be on an SQ 77W again.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Feb 19, 2017 at 4:36 pm