FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:11 am
dablazin

Talking PAP-MIA-JFK on AA metal will I get access on this itin w/ AA-P/OW-S?

Originally Posted by ESpen36
The class of service of the domestic onward connecting flight doesn't matter, as long as it is OW-marketed and OW-operated. What matters is the qualifying "international" OW segment, which must be in F or J class if you do not have status. Save your boarding stub for this qualifying segment to show at the front desk of the lounge.

If you are OW Sapphire or Emerald, the class of service doesn't matter on any of the aforementioned flights. Just be connecting from an "international" OW segment in any class of service to an onward OW flight and you will be eligible for access.

(of course, CURRENTLY, as a temporary perk, given the renovations, paid AC members can use the premium lounge regardless of travel itinerary)

Apologies to my slowness, as I am still not clear regarding access with my itinerary, although I tremendously appreciate the length and depth of this thread.

I will be flying back with a group of 5 co-workers including myself from PAP-MIA-JFK on AA metal with 3+hr layover in MIA. So I and another one of my colleagues have AA-P / OW-S without AC and so we had some questions regarding access to this lounge.

here are some questions from what i've gleaned from reading this thread.

1. Is PAP-MIA considered an international segment? (or does it being Haiti/Caribbean put the kibosh on the whole thing) If No go to question 4.
2. If yes, do I and my colleague as AA-P/OWS be granted access with a guest?
3. If again yes, can I also purchase access for our 5th wheeling coworker (who is an Asiana-P / SA-G)

4. If all else fails will my colleague and I be able to access the lounge thru the 500mile upgrade channel to business/first? (if yes back to 2 and 3!)

Thanks!