FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LIVE: Plane spotting trip to Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:33 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Day 2 - Flying back to London

Flight: BA565 LIN ✈ LHR
Aircraft: Airbus A319 G-EUOI
Gate: B28

I couldn't get to sleep - the room was too hot, I could not open the window and switching air-condition on is not an option for me Anyhow managed around 6 hours of sleep and woke up just before my alarm went off at 8 am. My flight was departing at 11:20 am, so this should allow me plenty of time to get to the airport without rushing.

Just before leaving for the airport I once again tried to download the boarding pass onto my phone, without luck. That should not be a problem as I already had printed ones.

There was a 20 minutes waiting time for a shuttle, so I decided to walk back to the airport. Weather was nice, bit chilly - a sunny, but refreshing morning.

At the airport went through security check without any issues, found the lounge and settled there for some breakfast and to check my emails etc. Lounge at Linate is branded as British Airways, looks like other Galleries / Terraces lounges - surprised it has not been enhanced away yet. Here's some photos of food offering.

Coffee and pastries:

More food options:

And general overview of the lounge:

I left the lounge when the boarding was called. Boarding by busy - I guess it's a standard procedure here. Priority boarding was strictly enforced for Club Europe and status passengers - nice surprise, but bit pointless when we all end up on the same bus, no?

While others were boarding I poped out of the bus to take a wee photo of KLM's Boeing 737 which parked nearby. While I was composing my frame, our bus driver whispered to me I was not allowed to take photos... so I took down my camera... only to be told by him "take it, take it quickly" here's the said photo:

On the way to the plane and while taxing I took another couple of shots of various aircraft parked around.

Alitalia Embraer 175 in old colour scheme:

Alitalia Airbus A319 in new colour scheme:

Air Berlin Airbus A320 parked next to us:

Meridiana Boeing 737:

Thanks to a very good weather we were treated with nice views on our departure:

11:20 am departure meant the dreadful "brunch" option which in my opinion is unappealing. But I got the bread plate

On approach to London clouds where covering the sky:

But still managed to catch a couple of spots, here London Eye and the Houses of Parliament:

Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station:

Landing at Heathrow is always offers spectacular views of aircraft. Here two Queens of the skies parked near BA's maintenance area:

The Concorde parked remotely where no one has access to it:

ATC tower and Virgin Atlantic aircraft lined up at T3:

The very first Dreamliner delivered to BA parked at the terminal 5 satellite B:

We've arrived at the main terminal building at Terminal 5 with a short walk away from the immigration / transfer. I wasn't sure whether to go through transfer or exit and enter the security through the South channel. Decided to stick to transfer, where there were no queues and I was through in no time. No one harassed me about second bp scan on the top of the queue to the security - maybe because there was almost no one in the queue?