FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:32 pm
jkjetsetters

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
My husband & I stayed here 4 nights Feb. 4th-8th. All in all we enjoyed it & would probably give it 4/5 stars. We did use P+C and a DSU, so we didn't pay nearly as much as some people do, & our rating would probably be a bit lower if we had paid the full price/resort fees.

We were in room 1231, a 3rd/top floor lagoon suite. We asked about an upgrade to a beach suite, but they said they were all occupied (hotel was at 70-80% occupancy). We truly enjoyed the lagoon suite & lagoon view though, and spent more time at the lagoon pool, so we were fine without the beach suite upgrade. It's a beautiful room, I love all of the wood they used, and the quality of most stuff seemed great.

I will post more on what we liked/didn't like later, but first, some pictures. These are in order of the room layout, & then some outdoor pics at the end. You enter into the living room, & across from the door is a hallway (w/sliding door) to the bathrooms, then another sliding door to the bedroom/closet. To the left of the entry is the balcony & then further left is the plunge pool.

Living Room

Main Bathroom-2 sinks, really nice shower w/rainfall shower-head & movable side shower-head. Window is partly opaqued so you can still enjoy the lagoon view.

Toilet/Additional Sink-Across from main bathroom, nice that they were separated.

Closet-To the right as you enter the bedroom. Nice feature.

King Bedroom & Another Balcony

Main Balcony Where I'm standing is the part the plunge pool is on.

View From Main Balcony: This is my favorite pic I took at the resort, just gorgeous.