Old Feb 15, 17, 3:18 pm
mspreh
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by pallhedge View Post
I agree. Having basic economy as the only Delta economy fare that you can book online is unacceptable. United and AA to follow.
The solution is to look up the flights on DL, using the advance search field selecting fare class v or higher. Then call the Chase Ultimate Rewards line, wait on hold for 20 to 40 minutes, and then book your flight by giving them the fare class code for each segment. The whole process will take 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

My latest today, is trying to book MSP to CUL. I pull it up no problem on Amex, DL's site, (AA doesn't fly, nor have a partner to CUL). But I can fly AA to PHX and then Volaris from PHX to CUL.

No results found on the Chase Ultimate Rewards Site. If I change the days and look at another set of dates that might work for us to go visit some family members that live near there, it's only showing Aero Mexico, and the price is $400 more than DL's flights.

I'm all for getting 50% bonus on my points when I book travel, but I really hate having to jump through these hoops that I never had to do that once in the previous 15 years when I was using my Amex Platinum card for points and travel. It's sad that Chase has us using a product that is so bad, it's worse than what we could do during dial up internet days.