FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/CX Online check-in but hold off printing /Apping (etc) your boarding pass
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:09 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by docsxx
Thanks, c-w-s! This is exactly my case, just one shot or else wandering in LHR T3 or HKG to find someone from CX to get the boarding pass... I'll keep religiously checking in on a computer with printer! Thanks again.

Docsxx
If you are going via T3 then obviously the agents in the CX lounge, who are their most experienced staff, are probably best placed to assist.

It's certainly irritating, and it's not just Cathay either, it applies to Aer Lingus, FlyBe, Loganair, Vueling and doubtless many others. Essentially airlines not on BA's Amadeus host. I know about it, so I do the full check-in all at once in these circumstances, but of course one reason for holding off is to get particular seats.