FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Nearly) Round the world for 240,000 Avios + £340 in Biz. Help make it better?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:31 pm
skba1

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by BA6501
It might get picked up at ticketeing stage due to the following T&C:

15.13. Rewards are based on round trip travel between origin and destination using the most direct route possible. Rewards may be for more than one flight sector. On no more than one occasion per Reward may a flight sector commence at a different point from the end of the preceding flight sector. It is possible to combine flights on British Airways and Service Partner airlines to make a round trip journey of up to a maximum of 8 sectors.
I dont think this at all applies here? (Or am I missing something?)

We're looking at a RTW fare using Avios - I believe the rules are similar to that of AONE/DONE/LONE-type fares.

This would mean a max of 16 sectors and surface sectors counting towards the total of sectors. Only way to get 'more' than 16 sectors is by booking a flight for two legs on same flight number [I haven't seen this one on BA but I have seen it done on *A award which obviously follows same IATA restriction of 16 segments]