FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Connection Question
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:20 am
luftaom

Programs: QF Platinum
Sorry about the necrobump - but figured that this thread was spot on topic and a new thread wasn't needed.

I'm considering booking a 65 minute connection LHR-MAN (BA1386) arriving at 1115 and then getting on MAN-ORD (AA55) leaving at 1220 on a Monday in mid July. Both flights seem to use Terminal 3. This will be all on one ticket so my bags will go through. Travelling on an Australian passport with an ESTA.

I will be able to get a seat in the first few rows of economy on the BA domestic (so that will save a few minutes) and if there is a premium security lane my status will probably get me in that. If it all goes pear shaped then there are a couple of get outs (back to LHR on the 2pm will allow me to get on the afternoon BA LHR-ORD or even travelling the next day wouldn't be the end of the world (especially if there were some EC261 on offer).

BA1386 (LHR-MAN) is apparently on time 76% of the time and the average delay is 21 minutes and the connection AA55 (MAN-ORD) is apparently on time 73% of the time with an average delay of 25 minutes.

Ordinarily the earlier flight LHR-MAN would be great - but it doubles the price of my rather complex trip to Sydney (LHR-MAN-ORD-CLT-LAS-PHX-LAX-SYD) with a couple of 23 hour 'connections' along the way.

I know that I am really pushing the limits here - whilst this meets the MCT it will no doubt be tight. But is it completely mad? If it is I will come up with plan B.