FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:01 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Who is expecting to dip their toes into the new WoH benefits early in the transition? My stay ending 3/2 will push me past 30 nights which should mean I get the Cat1-4 free night essentially immediately (which will likely expire because I don't have any personal travel plans to a Cat1-4 in the following 120 days).

I also have two award stays in Hawaii (GH Kauai and HR Waikiki) in April, both of which normally charge a resort fee and parking, both of which should be comped under WoH.

Who else gets to see how horribly this is rolled out early on? (I mean, we've seen the prowess of the Hyatt IT team via the website, so what could possibly go wrong....)
Remembering the "Cat Rodeo" last year with the Diamond packets, and the incompetent and often redundant efforts at mitigation (I ended-up with 4 packets through late July), coupled with the numerous lies we were told by the Diamond Line personnel, I wouldn't take 100 to 1 odds on a successful rollout.

I am like you and am already at 25 nights with Hyatt this year, in spite of my best efforts to book away from them. I will unfortunately cross 30 nights by the 25th (on only 3 stays) due to the required lead time for trade show commitments that forced me to make prepaid bookings for JAN and FEB before the new program was rolled-out in late OCT last year.

I need to burn a bunch of points before the rumored big devaluation that's coming later this year, and I am really getting worried about having the time to do it.

Last edited by zombietooth; Feb 14, 2017 at 4:16 pm