FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AA not late check bags / baggage?
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:57 am
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Does AA not late check bags / baggage?

I Arrive to check in counter after bag check deadline (Already checked in). Agent refuses to check bag onto later flight while maintaining my ticket, even though there is 40m before flight departs. She says the only way to check bag is to rebook onto later flight. After moving me to the later flight, she refuses to at least put me on standby on my original flight. I walk to the gate and have the gate agent put me back on the flight, reupgrading me back to the same seat... With plenty of time to spare.

Was the check in agent lazy? Or is this some AA policy. On WN late checking has never been a problem... Even had very short checked bags make it routinely.

A side note is that for some reason they only had one check in agent (SJC) and they kept skipping people in the priority lane for some reason. I get that I probably should have arrived earlier, but my annoyance at the failure to accommodate the lateness was exacerbated by the fact that I actually did arrive at the check in line 50-55 mins before the flight, it just took 15 mins to get to the counter, in a priority line no less.
​​​​

Last edited by no2chem; Feb 14, 2017 at 10:04 am