FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how long is too long for cat travel with no bathroom break??
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:49 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by hbco
Hi! I am very likely moving to England in the near future (from the US) and because of air travel U.K. Laws I will have to fly to France first then a train then a taxi then a ferry all the to London where it would be the first place where my 15 lbs 4year old healthy cat will have her first rest from traveling (all to continue with another 5 hour train ride but this could be done two days later to lessen the stress) the total time of the first travel between home-airport-trains etc will be of about 20 hours, I plan to offer her canned food (to help with hydration as well) and once we land in Paris see if she is interested in litter box. My question is, if she is. It interested at all in food or litter during travel is that ok? I know once we get to our room in London she will eat as long as I'm in there with her, just want to know if the 20 stressful trip turns out she is not interested in food is that doable? It would be a lot more costly to all the adding cost of bringing her with me (800 extra dollars) to get a room in Paris if I need to break the trip but I will do it if you think 20 hours is too long.

Please give me your advice?
That trip would exhaust me, let alone a cat.

Find a budget hotel room that allows pets and give both yourself and the cat a breather. Pick a cheaper neighborhood; the cat won't care about sightseeing.