Old Feb 13, 17, 7:12 am
boekel

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, BA Bronce, GPP Gold, PC RA Plat
Toronto City Centre

Intercontinental Toronto City Centre

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe and received IC Club Suite

How are the rooms?
A little warn and dated but nice nonetheless. 1 bedroom and one living room, it is two normal rooms. Two identical bathrooms with just the standard North American tub

How is the exec. lounge?
poor offerings at least for breakfast - no cheese, industrial scrambled eggs but at least a nice nespresso machine. didn't use for evening spread or afternoon tea. But wasn't impressed already last time when I stayed. However friendly and helpful staff

Did you receive a welcome gift?
fruits, water and 600 welcome points.

How was the minibar?
One minibar, which was decently stocked. But I have to note that apart from softdrinks, juice and water I usually never make use of the minibar

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Wifi is excellent
good location, close to Air Canada-, Rogers center and CN tower
Azure restaurant is quite good

-Bad
Booked deluxe, which was priced identically to a junior suite 5 days before the stay. 1 day later it got modified to king deluxe which was 2 categories and 25 CAD lower. Thereafter it was modified again to junior suite, which they wanted to give me. Obviously I was not happy and told them so, also that I'm willed to leave after one night, when they want to cheat their most loyal customers. Received then the Club Suite, which was 1 level above the junior suite but I was too tired to fight for the two level upgrade
dropped the car for Valet and the bellboy acted like a marine officer and used imperative language. Unacceptable in the hospitality industry. I just told him that I'm the guest and he should eventually expand his vocabulary.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
???

Would you return?
If that gets the norm that hotels trying to "cheat" their most loyal guests in order not to give upgrades, I'm likely done with the chain. Here they have also plenty of different categories with hardly any differentiation