FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Sacramento - Ranch Cordova {US-CA}
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:36 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nice job, stanj! And here I am for some additional bits, staying 11-12 Feb 2017.

The property has been extensively renovated in a style similar to Danish (but brown and tan carpeting instead of wood flooring). The layout is semi-triangular, with an adjacent building with rooms x60-69. You want to avoid those rooms that face as the lobby faces (over Point East Drive), as they are closest to busy highway 50. On the other hand, X11-31 face Folsom Boulevard.

The dining area, very spare business area, a small "Made Market" with a few things to eat and drink, and there is a fitness center near the lobby that includes free weights, machines, mat, balance ball, etc. The outside pool and spa are in the "elbow" of rooms x24-40 even numbered rooms; these could be noisy in warmer weather. The pool and spa are open 10am to 10pm.

There is a free shuttle to points within 5 mi / 8 km (not SMF airport, nor downtown Sacramento,) between 7 am and 10 pm "based upon availability". Parking is free. The Sunrise light rail station to Folsom and Sacramento is a five minute walk away.

The "Business Center" is a joke - a niche in the lobby with one computer and small printer. The room house book indicates you can send documents to PrinterOn, but there is no such provision. Desk personnel are happy to help you print items out, but of course that's easier said than done if you have docs attached to email or in the cloud.

The hotel is very quick to fill up at times, notably like 10-11 February when Highway 50 shut down due to weather and Bay Area families attempting to drive to the snow rapidly filled up what had been planned to be a very slow night. Tonight it was virtually empty, my rate $84.15 + 11.66 taxes Senior Rate.

Breakfast is served 6am-11am daily, food service 11am - 11pm and there is in room dining 6am - 10pm (22% gratuity and $2.50 service charge), and there is a bar by the lobby. Though buffet breakfast is offered on the menu, the variable occupancy here means there is not often, if ever, a buffet option. Diamonds (and presumably Golds) are issued chits good for one beverage and one main ("entree") offering from the menu. My eggs Benedict came on untoasted muffin, slices of nasty reconstituted water bloated ham and baby potatoes that ranged from over to uncooked. (No idea how you do that!) The server, Maria, was attentive and helpful.

On checkin, I was efficiency greeted and given two bottles of water and a very crisp cookie. I inquired after my breakfast chit, and it was proffered. Lifts / elevators are a bit oddly placed (not near the lobby at all).

The rooms are well lit, and there are three floors. Elevators are by x28, between x47 and -49 (across from x33, and x48-50. Noise from Highway 50 is definite in rooms closest to the highway, though it's not excessively loud. There is an in-room safe, rather inconveniently placed on the floor of the bedroom closet.

There are a fridge, coffee set, the usual ironing set and luggage jack. Electric outlets are at power points with two 110 VAC US three prong and one USB outlets. These are by the work desk, on either side of the sitting room sofa bed; in the bedroom by the built in wood luggage rack, there is a US 110 VAC double outlet.

WiFi premium was 5.55 Mbps down, up at 5.57 Mbps. There is an Ethernet cable at the work desk.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 12, 2017 at 10:18 am