FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAs with attitude even before the flight starts
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:37 pm
mgobluetex

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by euslaner
I once had the opposite happen to me. I was in C on an international flight and put my bag in the bin across from me since it was easier to access the bag. A pilot was in the seat across from me and demanded that I take my bag down and let him put his bag in. I refused. The FAs tried to convince me to yield to him and I refused. Ultimately they took his bag and put it somewhere up front and in time he moved away too. He had no right to claim the space and ultimately he had to realize that, regardless of who he is.
You've got bigger stones than me. If I were on an intl. flight, or domestic flight for that matter, I would never get into an "argument" with a crew member. They could have easily thrown you off the flight justified or not. Since it was an intl. flight you probably would not have reached your destination without a major delay. In my opinion it's not worth risking all of that just to keep my bag where I originally stowed it.