FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby and Upgrade List
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:48 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by ffsim
So much for the "privacy concerns" which prevented implementation in the past.
i thought this was conjecture, or was it an ac-rep on ft who said this?

very interesting that this looks exactly like the ua app, which has been created virtually all in house in iah.

i think this app is going to do nothing but create more bellyaching on ft when #1-3 on the list doesn't clear and a mystery pax (full fare, some type of exception that the app won't disclose, same day change, last minute non rev posi-space shows up, etc) ends up taking (an) open seat(s). take a look on the ua forums over the upgrade list priority, it's really convoluted and extremely aggravating for some.

mind you ac does not do complimentary premier upgrades so maybe it'll function better (although i have no complaints with the ua app)

Originally Posted by canopus27
I was just about to ask where it is; I'm on the upgrade list for a J3 flight on Friday, and would love to know where I stand .... but the feature has gone now?
never heard of this airline, let alone that they have j, and i think the beta is for rapidair routes only. or are you being sarcastic. or is j3 what people out east call the rapidair corridor.

Originally Posted by flyquiet
When you go update your passport at NEXUS, you write your ENTIRE FULL NAME on the clipboard. That perturbs me to no end but you show nonconformity in that office at your peril.
i would just write my name as illegibly as possible then claim disability if someone breaks my balls over it.

i am very much into privacy of my personal information (this is what i do for a living) but i dunno how 3 letters on an upgrade list probably 1/20 of the people on a flight would bother to look at infringes on anyone's privacy (and the consequences of this lack of privacy)....i guess if you didn't want a stalker seeing if someone with the same first three leters of your surname and first initial that you flew between two cities?

Last edited by cur; Feb 8, 2017 at 3:57 am