FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cape Town, South Africa
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:21 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
For those who have visited, I could use some help finalizing our hotel. I am gold, but based upon my research it seems most properties will not honor Marriott status. DH and I plan on spending five nights in Capetown this December and I think I have narrowed things down to the following:

Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel (honors Marriott status)
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf

I like the apartment style offerings of the Protea hotels, which allots the option of cooking some meals but gold gets us breakfast at African Pride. I love the idea of being close to the water and being able to see the ocean from our room at Sea Point. Location, service, amenities, luxury how do each measure up?
Courtyard honors Marriott status, but generally does not give free breakfast to anyone, no matter how elite.

Only a tiny fraction of Marriott brands give free breakfast to elites, and then another small fraction of Marriott brands give free breakfast to all.

But Protea/African Pride hotels are not among the brands where Marriott elites get breakfast. You only get breakfast at Protea if the particular Protea hotel gives free breakfast to everyone, or if it's included in your particular room rate. But AFAIK no Proteas/African Pride hotels in South Africa give free breakfast to all on all rates (only in other countries).

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 6, 2017 at 11:32 am