FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:03 am
LookingLikeRain

Programs: BAEC Silver
I visited the lounge by accident yesterday (apparently it was being offered to Club World passengers only, in theory, but I couldn't find the Speedbird lounge - genuinely - and was welcomed warmly at the new Club lounge).

Staff were great, very attentive, very evident. Of course it was fairly empty. There was lots of space, and lots of different zones to sit or work in, mostly with soft chairs. I was disappointed that I couldn't find an area with normal chairs and tables to for working/eating. Just some high stools at benches, which I don't personally find comfortable. But otherwise everything was very good and many times better than the old lounge at North Terminal. Airy feel, wide views, decent décor. I spotted power points at some of the workstation benches in corners and, I think, upstairs, though I didn't test them.

Lunch buffet included slices of vegetarian frittata as well as basic salad options and sliced ham. I think hot soup was about to appear but I had to leave for my flight then. Staff were very keen to hand around chocolates and take orders for champagne.

I couldn't find any toilets that were open and was directed to the First Lounge. Hence the closing down, I suppose.

Most of my flying is with BA from LGW so apart from the delayed opening, this all seems very positive to me. I will miss the meals in the No. 1 lounge though.