FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Lunacy from Diamond Customer Care
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:32 am
PayItForward

Originally Posted by Beolab
The Diamond desk is becoming downright outrageous. I had so many issues with their way of handling my emails in the last two years. The best thing to do, is to really burst into laughter about the insanity that reigns there and spend your money elsewhere. Otherwise it might just drive you crazy.

I had a stay at the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai last year. I booked a room through my own private Hilton account. My Vice-President Corporate Travel had booked two dozen rooms for our employees, to accommodate them for a corporate event. This was during the Singapore Airlines Triple Miles promotion in Asia, for which I registered and received miles for previous stays at other properties. Six weeks after my stay in Shanghai, I noticed that I did not receive the miles for this stay. Since my final bill was well over 8000USD for a suite and incidentals, excluding the two dozen rooms for my company, the number of miles that I should have received was considerable.

I have send 8 emails and got 8 different and completely useless and off-topic replies. The last awnser I received was truly ludicrous:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the promotions. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

It appears that this particular promotion was only available to a targeted group, and we apologize that we are unable to extend this opportunity to anyone outside of that targeted group.

Hilton HHonors runs several promotions throughout the year, so be sure that the email subscriptions in your account profile are up to date so that you can receive our latest promotional offers".

This was the funniest one of all. I always had all "receive promotional emails" boxes ticked in my account and never received a single one. The Singapore Airlines Triple Miles in Asia promotion was not targeted, it was accessible to any member.

It is baffling how incompetent this customer service has become through my 9 years as a Hilton Honors Diamond member and 9 years of corporate contracts for my company's employees. I just gave up with the Hilton Diamond desk and instructed my Vice-President Corporate Travel, not to renew any of our worldwide corporate contracts with Hilton for 2017. We switched to Starwood, who were happy to take our average spending of 4 million USD a year with Hilton.

Ofcourse all hell broke lose when we did not renew our worldwide corporate contracts. Our Hilton Woldwide sales contacts went out of there way to apologize and promise that something like this would never happen again. But in all fairness, spending 12.000USD or 4.000.000USD through corporate contracts a year as a Diamond member, should not make any difference to the way you are being treated by Hilton.

Only after they discovered that I, as a private individual, was linked to an awful lot of corporate contract bookings, they were willing to to solve the issue. Very sad, but the continuing mess at the Hilton Diamond desk just drove me and my company away.
Too bad not all of us have the same "power" to make corporate folks sit up and take notice. If a few regular diamonds leaves, they would barely register except maybe for some algorithm that sends out a win-back promo. Your corporate account equals to a few hundred (profitable) Diamonds leaving at the same time.