FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Lunacy from Diamond Customer Care
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 17, 8:21 pm
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Originally Posted by Matthew_22 View Post
Exactly, this is the part I just can't tolerate, the ample wasted time to resolve simple issues, and then to top it off, being called a liar.

I am certainly not a serial complainer, I think in my 4-5 years of Hilton membership I have complained to Hilton 1-2 times (always about points issues), so I don't appreciate my integrity being challenged on the rare occasion when I do, all for the sake of a few thousand points (in my case anyway)
Someone understands me! By the end of the entire thing, I just had a completely sour taste in my mouth. I got what I wanted, I suppose (compensation in terms of points/gift cards) and I'll be making a stay at another Hilton portfolio with those points/money, but somehow being called a liar and wasting an hour of your life on the phone takes the charm of staying at the Waldorf Astoria. By the end, I got the sense they just threw money at me to get me to shut up, not because they realized they'd actually screwed up - and I also forgot to mention that they offered me a Be My Guest certificate for a Hampton Inn, then for any Hilton brand portfolio, then for a Hampton Inn, then 20,000 points. Their compensation kept changing, which honestly confirms for me that they either don't want to retain loyal customers or have no idea how to.