FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Lunacy from Diamond Customer Care
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 17, 7:59 pm
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Wow. I hadn't realized that Diamond service was so atrocious. I had an issue a couple of weeks ago, but thought it was just me. I was at a Hampton Inn that had multiple issues, and they refused to offer their satisfaction guarantee because it was due to a plumbing problem they have no control over (??) Every time I contacted corporate, they referred the issue to the hotel, who offered me 20,000 points (one night at the hotel costs 50,000). Finally, I called Diamond, and they offered me the same thing - 20,000 points. I pointed out that's not acceptable, and they finally gave me what the hotel was actually worth for a night (50,000 points) while still insisting I was lying and the hotel had informed me of the issues in question beforehand. About a week later I get an email saying I'll get a $150 gift card in addition (which I've since received) but it honestly makes me think that it might be cheaper for them to actually train their employees instead of throwing gift cards at customers in the hopes of mitigating the damage. I must've spent at least an hour on the phone arguing with them and being told that I was lying.

Totally soured my desire to be loyal to Hilton. I got Diamond from a status match, and once it expires I'm probably going to stick with other brands. If their highest status is treated like their lowest status, what is actually the point?