FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:19 pm
npf125

Originally Posted by Willbur
If you're able to get the United card you should do that first because you can always get the AA card after being over 5/24 but you can't for the United. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. Plus, United saver space is leaps and bounds more generous than AA these days.
i agree with your valuation. However, the CHASE UA 50K higher offer (70K for some) just became available again. I don't see it being removed anytime soon. But as for the CITI AA 50K without the 24 month language I think one of two things will happen: 1) applicants who get the card a second (or third, fourth, etc) time (from link 29, for example) may not receive the bonus OR 2) CITI will pull the offer if their system recognizes repeat applicants who get the first signup bonus and then reapply shortly thereafter. In either of those scenarios the CITI offer becomes a more compelling choice. For any of us it's simply a balancing act between our own individual 5/24 timetables and estimated offer longevity.