FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:53 am
USHPNWDLUA

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
I'd hope it also factors in the premium many GS pay in J in order to upgrade to ON. Without GF, I'm going from either buying A or J/C to buying P or a better product. Unless the product is massively different in real life, Polaris is not something I'm willing to pay a premium for. Most of the GS I talk to on flights like SFO-HKG and SFO-LHR say the exact same thing.

I'm not convinced this is something that was part of the math, which was done by Smisek and Co and not Oscar.
This is true for me too. It will be hard to meet last year's spend considering new non-stop flight options to SFO that are cheaper by $2500, and because the incentive to purchase full J/C to get ON is gone. I think my spend will drop 33% from $80k last year. I'm not kidding.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Given the widespread availabilty of GF award seats when I is zeroed out, and the number of GF seats going to NRSA, I'm not sure we all have the same definition of "many."
I will admit I've seen some flights with GF full of NRSA, but not in the last several months. Most of the time, the people in GF I know from the office, and NRSA has been very uncommon for me lately.