FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Primarily here for your safety
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:53 am
itsmeitisss

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by T8191
I agree with all the above ... BA CC FAIL on this one.
I've had one experience like that. I'm in 2A coming back from TXL. There's a Russian in front in 1A chatting away on the phone, nothing said to him by crew until I look at the the crew and get eye contact with CSD ( I didn't say anything). He ignores the CSD just chatting away, and proceeds to recline his seat quite hard while still talking on phone when we have started the takeoff roll. My response is to push the seat back forward - a bit of an effort as he is quite a big man. He gets a bit angry shouting at me to which I respond "what if there is a last minute abort of the take off and I injure myself on the back of his seat because it is reclined". He gives a huff and accepts keeping his seat upright. Naturally as soon as the seatbelt sign goes off, he whacks his seat straight back and has to be asked by the crew to move his seat forward during service.

I didn't ask, but because it was one of the former BMI planes where the tray table is in your chest if the seat in front is reclined, I was grateful for the CSD's initiative.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 3, 2017 at 1:38 pm Reason: amend quotation