FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:28 pm
CCMember

Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member

The "level perks" for a Diamond member state this:

"Upgrade to a suite, every time you stay—even when you stay on a go freeSM or go fastSM award night.
Subject to availability at check-in for Qualified Stays, Go Free Award stays & Go Fast Award stays at select Participating Hotels that offer suites. Subject to additional restrictions"

I used a "go free" award night at this property and tried to check in early. No rooms were ready so I inquired about a possible upgrade to a suite. I knew a suite was available because I had just checked the app on my phone. The clerk said "oh we only have a few of those but we can upgrade to an ocean view room." I then proceeded to show her the suite upgrade perk on my phone and asked if this doesn't apply and she basically just said "no."

Excuse me? It states "upgrade to a suite" not "upgrade to the next best room." I take this seriously because the whole point of me attaining Diamond status was to enjoy the perks! Being a Diamond member at most Wyndham properties is irrelevant because most don't even offer suites! That's why I specifically chose a property that does so that I get what is entitled per the terms and conditions!

I had to wait a couple of hours until a room was ready and in the meantime I called Diamond Concierge. The agent said that they called the hotel and the person said "no suites were available." Again, that's total BS. Suites were available they just didn't want to give me one.

Once I finally checked in they put me on the SECOND floor in a corner room room with an amazing view of the large A/C unit. Woohoo! Just checked the app again and suites are still available!

So what gives? What's the point of offering suite upgrades as a perk for Diamond if the properties that actually have suites deny you the upgrade?