FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CRA/CR9 re-config and re-designation - details and progress
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:15 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cur
the bins in y held my very full travelpro crew 7 (fits into the sizers as snug as it gets) a-ok sideways. takes a bit of maneuvering when it was stuffed but any other time it was fine. if you have a regulation carry on the bins are a non issue. the people who suffer are those who have oversize carry on. the j style bins on the 705 only existed in j because they protrude out of the roof onto what would be the y aisle. so i wouldn't count on bigger bins.
I have a regulation carry-on and it's often a struggle to get it in the bin and sometimes not possible. Have seen the same with others, sometimes slightly smaller bags as well.

It can at times be a question of angles, how full the bins are, etc, but either way, the bins are woefully inadequate. I don't remember the last time I took a CRA flight where there wasn't a bunch of baggage to gate check. (Yes, not an uncommon problem on other planes these days, but not quite as universal as on the CRAs, in my experience).

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 3, 2017 at 9:35 pm Reason: Corrected typo