Old Feb 1, 17, 3:23 pm
CPH-Flyer

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Paulchili View Post
Have a similar issue:
Flying on 2 separate AA awards (2 PNRs) SFO-LAX(AA)-NRT(JL) and then NRT-SYD(JL)-BNE(QF).
Based on AA's new policy it seems that I will not be able to have my luggage checked all the way through; it seems that they will tag it to NRT where I will have to re-check it (immigration/customs/luggage pick up/re-check).
Obviously, I would much rather spend the 2 hr 40 min connection in JL F lounge instead.
Is there any way that JL can "re-tag" my luggage in LAX to go all the way to SYD/BNE without me picking up and rechecking it in NRT?
Any advice appreciated
One option could be to ask AA only to check your bag to LAX. Then checking in with JAL they should allow the interlining to QF.

If you are flying F with JL to Sydney, one of the last before it goes away, JL is going to intercept your luggage in LAX and put the appropriate F tag on it, and you might be able to get them to retag it at the same time. But you would probably need to reach the JAL counter before your bag reaches the JAL handling agent.
​​​​