FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:06 pm
paradox

I joined BW Rewards yesterday on a status match, Hilton Gold to BW Diamond. My first experience with LRG has been less than stellar.

Initially, the claim was rejected because "The room type you reserved is no longer available on our website for February 24, 2017. It is sold out so we are unable to compare the rates. For the Low Rate Guarantee program the the rate has to be available at the time the claim is researched." BW uses its own availability when they review the claim as a basis for denying the claim? I've heard of denials from other hotel brands that use the competitior's rate at time of review (rather than the competitor's rate at time of claim filing), but I've never seen a hotel's own inventory as the basis for denial. Even with this kind of inane logic, I checked the BW site, and the room type is NOT sold out.

So I replied that the room type I reserved is still available and ask for a review.

The claim is rejected a second time because "On www.bestwestern.com the advance purchase rate for the room type you booked is 121.35 and on priceline that rate for this room is 121.35. due to rate not being less, your claim is still denied." Now they are comparing different rooms types and different cancellation policies. The room I booked is for one king with sofabed, which is the same type I found at Priceline. Neither are advance purchase rates. Now they're coming back at me with an advance purchase rate for one king without sofabed. Different room type, different cancellation policy. This is stunningly bad customer service.