FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:01 pm
Guava
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
I've been trying to use my VS miles to book flights from SYD to PPT (Papeete/Tahiti) via AKL on AirNZ. I used the United award search tool to check for availability, which worked very well from SYD to AKL return (managed to find 2 seats in C that can be confirmed by VS) but not from AKL to PPT (nothing at all across several dates in Y, forget about C).

The VS agent was very good and spent quite some time looking for dates, apparently they need to request every single date and don't have a view on weekly / monthly availability...

Would anyone know in which class VS awards are booked into for Y on AirNZ and/or what would be the best site to check for availability without spending hours on the phone with VS randomly requesting every single date?!
Unless things have changed, NZ flights to PPT are operated by Air Tahiti Nui, which means they are not NZ flights, therefore can't be booked using Flying Club miles.

*A shows NZ has one flight per week to PPT, leaving AKL on Friday. Could be a case of extremely limited inventory.