FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:09 pm
canyonleo

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I recently stayed at a Marriott and as a Platinum I received bonus points for amenity and more bonus points instead of breakfast. I netted 8K points for a 1 night stay, which I arrived at 11pm and left at 6am. When I entered my room, I had a huge bottle of Perrier, a huge bottle of regular water, Pita Chips, another huge bag of a nut mix, and several granola bars. The next night I checked into a Hyatt as a Diamond, and I got nothing but 1K points. So far I do have 4 nights at Hyatt at thankfully for the Marriott Credit card, I have 21 nights. I love Hyatt, but I'll rack up as many points and I'll see how March goes. If I don't get the same treatment that I now get at 50% of Marriotts, then I will fully commit to Marriott, as they do have more hotels, and I no longer need to drive 30 minutes away just to stay at a Hyatt. It really is sad, as I do love the Hyatt brand.
One can't compare "8k points" and "1k points" across programs, one needs to consider how many points are required for comparable rewards.

Of course, all the other items (water, food, etc.) have (some, minimal) consideration...