FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Reroute -- What are options?
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:59 am
Dom Bologna

Involuntary Reroute -- What are options?

I had purchased a open-jaw FCO-DTW-AMS-LIN ticket through KLM. I've already flown FCO-DTW. I just got notice that KLM has re-routed the last leg to MXP. I have no status with KLM, and this was a basic economy ticket that with a paid upgrade to econ+ on the first 2 legs.

The ticket has the following

Restriction(s)/Endorsements : Invol Reroute Nonref/Penalty Applies -Bg Dl

Does Nonref/Penalty mean I can cancel and get a voucher? Ideally, I'd like a full refund. This post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17869025-post12.html says I can get transit to LIN, but the link to the reg is dead. I couldn't find a current version of the reg.

Long version:

I was in europe last year for a wedding and booked my flight there using points on LH. I wanted to fly home non-stop FCO-DTW, and It was cheaper to buy a RT ticket than a one-way. My plan was to return to Italy with my father this year and use points to get home. My dad is having health issues and doesn't want to go. I had planned to go alone but it would be easier for me to just cancel the trip and go some other time. I had booked a VCE-PHL-DTW on AA for my return, but AA canceled the first leg of that flight on me and I haven't rebooked a flight back.

Last edited by Dom Bologna; Jan 27, 2017 at 7:35 am Reason: Fixed open jaw flight