FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:40 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Of my regular paid one-night stays this month (of which there are at least 9), the majority of them went to Marriott/Starwood.

Hyatt's devalued program just doesn't motivate me to engage with Hyatt more than as is very convenient or very inexpensive (in cash terms) relative to the competition. In prior years, Hyatt would have had the plurality of my regular paid stays and my Hyatt GoldPassport account balance would be growing faster than it would be shrinking -- but that won't happen this year short of some kind of whopper deal or mistake.

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
So Hyatt has to be looking at their January stay figures across their GP/WOH members. I show zero for January but my six nights at Churchill will post in another few days. What do you think their early numbers are showing, any trends that would point to complete and utter disaster of the WOH program causing them to capitulate in total disgrace?
The US stock market has been in record high territory and US employment data has been strong in 2015 and so far in 2016. Given Hyatt more or less goes the way the US goes, the impact of the upcoming Hyatt devaluation will be masked for quite some time and then some. Then perhaps Hyatt will get hit with a lesson from its urban fellow, United Airlines.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 27, 2017 at 2:52 am