FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Annual Travel Credit (2016 - 2021)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:36 pm
copaflyer

Was I wrong to think that the $300 travel credit would be per calendar year and not per calendar billing cycle year?

I have not read through the 50 pages here but after speaking with Chase and reading the top of this thread I realize I am wrong but feel that I should not be wrong.

Because of the 5/24 rule I was denied online and in a branch in the fall. I opened the account the earliest I thought I could. I put $13k in travel spend the last 3 weeks of December and the credit was posted. Travel spend has been a lot less in January but nothing posted. I just thought their was a delay.

After getting the reserve card I downgraded the preferred to the freedom unlimited. 1.5 points on everything. Great for everyday spending. Last week I applied for an amex platinum and was approved. So I called to ask about canceling my united club card and getting the annual fee prorated refund. I was charged in December. I was told no they do not do prorated refunds. I guess I can live with that. Eventually the supervisor offered a $100 statement credit and I could downgrade to the united explorer card and prorate the refund.

But before that offer I asked about my $300 travel credit and was told that I already received my 2017 credit but for 2016 purchases and I received it in 2016. Apparently I am not the only one to be frustrated with this but Chase will not budge, It may not seem a big difference to not get the credit now but next December (especially since I want to keep the card more then a year) but it is annoying and I feel misled.

I wanted to get rid of the united club card as the freedom unlimited offers 1.5 mile back, I have american express platinum now and with the reserve I can add my wife and she will get priority pass. Once Copa left mileageplus the united club membership only allowed me to bring in one guest to copa lounges when flying on copa but I have a wife and 2 kids. They just turned 3 when we were denied the first time. A downgrade is coming for the Club card for sure now and it will remain in a drawer. After putting 6 figures spending on it for the last few years.