FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas needed for mother daughter trip
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:37 pm
Big4Flyer

Originally Posted by 3furballs
Sorry maybe I should have given fuller info. She's been traveling extensively in the US since she was six months and we're looking for a good first trip outside the US. Part of it is wanting to expose her to non-US places and part of it is my own wanderlust (too many empty pages in my passport).
What cultural nuances do I expect her to see? None, actually the opposite, I want her to see that people are all similar so that when she's older she can appreciate the cultural nuances.
Perhaps Mexico City? You avoid the TATL flight while getting to experience a very unique and interesting culture. We brought our 4 and 1 year old there last year and had an enjoyable time. I'd recommend staying at the JW Marriott near el Bosque de Chapultapec. This is a great area to interact with other kids, visit the zoo, and tour the renowned Anthopology Museum. Alternatively, you could stay in the Centro Historico and visit the National Cathedral, National Palace, and the ruins of the ancient Templo Mayor, all within walking distance.