FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:52 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Received an email back from Conrad Bali overnight. The apology for the delayed response seems sincere and they referenced my concerns (using my words) that I included in my email to Hilton Corp. (but they did not simply forward an email from the corp office) and it seems like they copied quite a few management types on the response. Still really torn between staying here or at the Grand Hyatt - especially now that I see that upgrade opportunities are looking really really limited at the Conrad based on what they are currently selling online over my dates (but then again, I would still get lounge access so I guess no big deal there). Also, I can earn HHonors points relatively easily due to the number of meeting/convention contracts I do at Hilton so I think I can replenish the well shortly. While if I go to the Grand Hyatt, I would be spending two nights in a Grand Club room and the third night I would need to move to a regular room since I booked it using my Chase Anniversary cert.

With all of the above, I am thinking of just staying put at the Conrad as originally planned and just soaking in the Balinese sun because it is chilly 31F here in Chicago (with some snow expected) and be grateful that I will be there instead of here for a few days!
It is unlikely that the Hyatt would have you move rooms. At worst, just no club access the last day.

Either way, just make sure you let us know how it goes.