FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:07 am
FGunawan

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
To not offer an upgrade is for a Stay Plus night is correct - that's normal and wouldn't surprise me.
However to not receive access to the lounge as a Plat is a bit of a slap to the face.

I stay at this property a lot and will be there again soon. Let me check if that is normal. I know they treat members very well there normally and don't shy away from granting even lower silver or classic members lounge access occasionally if the member appears to be frequent guests in future.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I called Pullman Jakarta Central Park directly to ask what will happen to my reservation and they did confirm beyond any doubt that no benefit whatsoever will be given for my Stay Plus booking. Upon my persuasion, they talked with the duty manager for one single benefit - lounge access. Not even early check in or late check out. Even after talking to the duty manager, the result is still negative - they won't budge an inch.

The last person I spoke to gave me the "Accor Plus tells hotels not to give any benefit to elites booking with Stay Plus". I countered him saying that for all my 3 previous bookings using Stay Plus, the respective hotels have always treated me very generously with upgrades, plentiful gifts etc. He gave the "Really?" and asked where these were. I told him Pullman Bali, Pullman Da Nang Beach Resort and Sofitel Auckland. Even then he still insisted that it's a rule from Accor Plus that made them not being able to grant me any benefit whatsoever.

(By the way, my Accor Plus agent asked her supervisor about this. The supervisor confirmed that as per Accor Plus rules elite benefits don't need to be granted on Stay Plus nights. However, it's up to the discretion of each hotel if they would want to grant benefits as they see fit. I take this as another lie given to me by Pullman Jakarta Central Park.)

Oh well, they were great before but this is a sour notch for this hotel in my books. Again, I'm just glad I got to know this before my (now cancelled) stay next week. I might still book there in the future if rates are good (not using Stay Plus!), but all the more reason to prefer Pullman Jakarta Indonesia on very central Thamrin street vs suburban feel Central Park area.

Last edited by FGunawan; Jan 26, 2017 at 5:42 am