FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:45 am
Kasupke

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
No beverages at all after 8 pm. Club is dead (two guests at 830 pm today). Staff was cleaning the tables and preparing breakfast. Officially open until 1030 pm to watch TV or read newspapers. I was always a big fan of the IC Berlin and went with them through difficult times Buch these developments are nothing but a disgrace. This is a perfect way of reducing my he number of Royal Ambassadors: try to play games with your best customers.
I was there on the weekend, returned to the hotel around 10pm and was in the club drinking a coke - the club was deserted, that's right. However, no one said anything about me drinking the coke nor where the fridges locked and from my talks with the club manager I was under the impression that softdrinks should be on offer from start to finish. If they now started not offering anything after 8pm that is like the final nail in the coffin.

You are 100% right. It is a disgrace. Ruining one of the best IC club lounges in Europe (a few month ago the Club Manager told me they won an internal IHG award for the best club lounge in europe) and also the new policy about the view categories (they existed for about 2 years I guess) seems like a bad joke. Its not like they do not have enough deluxe rooms (for AMBs) or junior suites (for RAs)...

The most alarming thing is: They told me that this (club changes) is not an idea of the IC Berlin but is coming directly from IHG and they are like a "pilot lounge" testing the new concept before it goes live .