FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Pullman Phuket Panwa - January 2017

Introduction Had a great stay at this hotel. Although in some ways the resort is a big resort, in many ways it feels like a boutique resort or a mini-resort. Check In Check in area is impressive for a boutique hotel. The staff were efficient in checking in, and brought cute fruit cocktails bathed in dry ice during check in. Below are the views from the bar in the reception area. I had booked a junior suite for 4 nights at a total price of THB 19276 during the super sale. I asked during check in if there were any upgrades for a gold member, and they told me I was already upgraded to a pool suite. When I signed the paperwork, it seems they only had me recorded as a silver member, which is the status I had when I made the booking. Note that I had also made this booking through the Citibank prestige concierge, so I still received elite benefits even though it was booked through a travel agent. Room The pool villa is a great space with its own pool. Not much to add to the photos except a few points:the air conditioning blows onto the bed and that can make it uncomfortable during the night. We did request it to be adjusted which did help somewhat but wasn't ideal. The pillows are either big European square types or very small. I requested both feather and microfiber ones, but couldn't really get that comfortable with them. The jacuzzi function in the pool needs to be turned on by the engineer on request.Although the room had been recently renovated, it didn't feel either new nor old. It seems the renovation was more a refresh than a full renovation.There is a coffee capsule machine in the room, but not Nespresso. The coffee was decent. Service Service was great. No complaints here. Dining Breakfast was included in my rate. It was a pretty standard breakfast buffet with a decent selection but not overwhelming. Quality of the pastries is probably the stand out feature here. The rest of the quality was good, but not a huge buffet like you sometimes find in Asia. The hotel was apparently at 100% occupancy but the restaurant was busy at breakfast but not ridiculously full.t Location The location of the hotel is probably its biggest negative. The bay in front of the hotel is beautiful, but the beach quality isn't great. There aren't a lot of restaurants outside the hotel, and to get to Phuket town is a 600 baht car trip each way. It's a good location for those who have been to Thailand before and don't want to sightsee, but otherwise not the most convenient of locations - and this is reflected in the price. Overall I felt this was a good value resort, and the pool facilities were great. Although the renovations are finished, interestingly it doesn't feel "New" in either the room or the public areas. You might see this as a positive or negative. It's also a somewhat empty feeling hotel as not many people dine in the hotel ( not sure where they are since there's not that many outside restaurants) and there's no evening happy hour to attract people to liven up in the early evening. I would recommend staying here as long as you're looking for a very chill Thailand stay.