FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX-Grand Canyon and other questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:52 pm
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Weather permitting (I have had a very unpleasant drive on the road to the canyon once--unseasonable snow. No chains but that wasn't an issue. What was a big issue was the snow really wrecked visibility. If I stopped I was afraid of being rear-ended but going forward the only indication I had of where to go was tire tracks in the snow that were fading--if I had lost them I would have been forced to stop on the road as I couldn't tell if it was safe to pull off or not. Turns out the highway department had closed it just after we passed the gate.) you are looking at at least 7 hours on the road.
Did that happen in March?! That's an insane story wow. Glad you were okay. Thanks for your comment

7 hours-8 hours on the road would be fine, assuming my flight lands on time. Would only give me an hour or two to sightsee but I just want to take a quick look! Will grab some snacks/sandwich to eat on the way so I don't have to worry about stopping for dinner. It seems a bit crazy(7 hours+driving and 7 hours flying all in 1 day) but I think it should be worth it. Thoughts/comments would be appreciated if there are other risk factors to take in!