Old Jan 22, 17, 6:55 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
So, my CGK-NRT-DEL was downgraded from F to J (in March). Is it worth it to still fly that route in J for 25k or should I just ask AS to refund the whole thing and fly a more normal routing?
Personally, if I could do SE Asia-Tokyo(stop)-India for only 25k in business with a good product as part of a vacation, I'd do it. Two Asian longhaul J flights for 25k, at the same cost as a round-trip saver in the USA? Sure. When combined with other AS partner redemptions, you could do something like this:

USA-PEK(stop)-SE Asia(stop, destination) HU
SE Asia-TYO(stop)-DEL(stop, destination) JL
DEL-HKG(stop)-USA CX

In J that would run you 125k AS miles and net you FOUR Asian destinations + India for as long as you would like (though the HU flights would incur significant YQ). You could also vary the itinerary and do some shorthaul LCCs for flights and end up exploring places like CMB, PEN, REP, USM and so on.

IMO, it doesn't make as much sense as a routing from Jakarta to India in one day, though, if you aren't taking the Tokyo stop. That being said CGK-DEL is a longhaul flight. I guess it would depend on how you value time vs. comfort on the plane?

Originally Posted by tth6133 View Post
These are the easiest J seats to get since they are not the most desirable type.
They're sure a lot more desirable than coach seats for 10+ hour flights though.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 22, 17 at 7:05 pm