FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:05 am
kaizenflying

Another Madrid service today where the crew could not complete the service and made worse by sandwiches probably amounting to 3 or 4 in a trolley for a full Y lunchtime service.

BoB could work but I don't get how BA has failed to invest in the right technology and understanding route catering supply and demand. It's not as if BA has just launched their EU flights and they should know the customer base pretty well by now. Their customer base is, however, complex and not EasyJet and Ryanair - particularly if you are a passenger connecting from First or business long haul to domestic services!

It's time to book EasyJet or consider connecting services via Paris, Amsterdam or Frankfurt if you want to be treated decently. BA is seriously failing to do this and is intent on antagonising regular and irregular flyers. If you do fly BA intra Europe or on a domestic service, try and get a seat in the first few rows if you really want that morning hot drink or take food/packed lunch with you if you have to rush off the plane to a meeting at the other end.

And finally, a few words of thanks to the crews on my recent flights. I do not know how you maintain your patience with your employer and the tools they give you to deliver what they consider is a premium service. Budget Airways should be the new livery.

Last edited by kaizenflying; Jan 22, 2017 at 12:42 pm